Current:Home > NewsTed Lasso's Nick Mohammed Sees "No Reason" Show Has to End With Season 3 -FutureFinance
Ted Lasso's Nick Mohammed Sees "No Reason" Show Has to End With Season 3
Charles H. Sloan View
Date:2025-04-06 16:29:33
This is just great, Nate.
As Ted Lasso prepares to kick off its third season, Jason Sudeikis and the rest of the team have given fans plenty of warning that this could be the last time we see AFC Richmond play together. However, Nick Mohammed doesn't necessarily think the March 15 premiere has to be the final one.
"I feel like the writers were really open at the start and said that in their heads they'd mapped out three-season arcs," Mohammed reiterated to Entertainment Weekly March 13. "But that doesn't mean that it definitely has to come to an end. There's no reason why it couldn't continue. So, we'll see. I hope there's more, but who knows."
Season three of the Apple TV+ comedy picks up right where season two left off—with Mohammed's Nate leaving AFC Richmond in favor of West Ham. As to how he's adjusting in his new role?
"He's defected, he's gone to West Ham, he's under Rupert [Anthony Head] now," Mohammed explained. "He's enjoying, at least in the first few episodes, that newfound sort of celebrity status. He's very vain, he's enjoying the perks of the job, the fancy cars, and so on."
But that's not to say the former wunderkind is fully gone.
"Saying all that, we do still recognize those moments of insecurity that I guess we were first introduced to in even season one," he continued. "He is still that guy who suffers from chronic insecurity and that hasn't just gone away now that he's at a fancier club."
And while Mohammed would love to see Ted Lasso return for more, the man behind the titular coach himself previously indicated that the three-season plan was always in the cards.
"I think we have a talented enough writing staff, an incredible cast, tremendous production and post-production crew," Sudeikis exclusively revealed to E! News at the March 7 premiere regarding the show's possible future. "They definitely have the ability and there's plenty of water left in that sponge to squeeze out."
He added, "All I know is that the story we wanted to tell and the one that we're telling, that's what we're here tonight to celebrate. What happens beyond this, I won't know until this is all done."
Fellow co-creator Brendan Hunt also shared his desire to keep their dream team together on the event's red carpet.
"We'll try," he exclusively told E! News about potentially making another three seasons. "The vibe of season three is the same as one and two, just even better lighting. Dudes in shorts hugging each other and having the most un-toxic of relationships. If you were on board for the first two, you're gonna love three."
See if Ted Lasso scores a hat-trick when its third season premieres March 15 on Apple TV+.
Get the drama behind the scenes. Sign up for TV Scoop!veryGood! (73559)
Related
- Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
- Broadway audiences are getting a little bit younger and more diverse
- Hasbro to lay off 1,100 employees, or 20% of its workforce, amid lackluster toy sales
- FedEx issues safety warning to delivery drivers after rash of truck robberies, carjackings
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- Ranked choice voting bill moves to hearing in front of Wisconsin Senate elections committee
- Choice Hotels launches hostile takeover bid for rival Wyndham after being repeatedly rebuffed
- Myanmar’s economy is deteriorating as its civil conflict intensifies, World Bank report says
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- One year after death, Mike Leach remembered as coach who loved Mississippi State back
Ranking
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- In Florida farmland, Guadalupe feast celebrates, sustains 60-year-old mission to migrant workers
- 102 African migrants detained traveling by bus in southern Mexico; 3 smugglers arrested
- Suspect in fatal grocery store shooting leaves behind debit card, leading to his arrest
- Toyota to invest $922 million to build a new paint facility at its Kentucky complex
- Thousands gather to honor Mexico’s Virgin of Guadalupe on anniversary of 1531 apparition
- Hunter Biden files motion to dismiss indictment on gun charges
- Young Thug trial on pause until January after co-defendant is stabbed in jail
Recommendation
Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Hi Hi!
Feel Like a Star With 58 Gift Ideas From Celebrity Brands- SKIMS, Goop, BEIS, Rhode & More
Wrongfully convicted Minnesota man set free after nearly 2 decades in prison
SantaCons have flocks of Santas flooding city streets nationwide: See the Christmas chaos
Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
Cheating, a history: 10 scandals that rocked the world of sports
Children of jailed Iranian activist Narges Mohammadi accept Nobel Peace Prize on her behalf
Titans vs. Dolphins Monday Night Football highlights: Tennessee rallies for shocking upset